YWCA YOUNG WONDERS YOUTH DEVELOPMENT SUMMER CAMP
Young Wonders Summer Camp is full of fun and educational activities for your child(ren). The summer is filled with activities that include science, arts and crafts, cooking projects, games, and physical activities, weekly field trips, and swimming. We are based in a structured, classroom environment, but enjoy lots of outdoor time too. The 2020 summer camp theme is "GOING FOR THE GOLD" in honor of the 2020 summer Olympics in Toyko, Japan. We will begin the summer with "Opening Ceremonies" on June 1! The summer is sure to be fun at YW Summer Camp! Register today to guarantee your child(ren)'s space!
- Ages: 5-12 (school-age) - 5-year-olds must have completed kindergarten.
- YWCA McLean County, 1201 North Hershey Road, Bloomington
- Oakland Elementary School
- Washington Elementary School
- Dates: June 1, (all locations closed on July 4th, start and end date are tentative)
- Hours: Hershey Road: 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. and off-site locations: 6:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
A light breakfast, catered lunch, and afternoon snack are provided for each child daily.
TUITION Fees subject to change.
Registration Fees Registration fee is per child and non-refundable/non-transferable.
- $65 nonrefundable registration fee
- Summer Camp T-shirt Not Guaranteed
- Full-time/5 days a week: $170 for the first child; $160 for each additional child
- Part-time/4 days a week: $150 for the first child; $140 for each additional child
- Part-time/3 days a week: $130 for the first child; $120 for each additional child
- A subsidy may be available through the Child Care Resource and Referral Agency. Please contact us at (309) 662-7826, ext. 248 or email us for more information or to see if you qualify.
- Junior Counselor: $50/week
- Any military branch (active duty or retired)
- Advocate BroMenn
- Heritage Operations Group
- Moms of Multiples
- State Farm
- OSF Health Care
- Westminster Village
To receive the discount, the qualified member must live in the household with the child, identification will be required at registration.
Please contact YWCA Young Wonders at (309) 662-7826 for more information.
Go for the Gold Summer Camp 2020
Join us for STEM, anti-bias curriculum, social-emotional learning, Healthy Eating Active Living (HEAL) lessons, crafts, water activities, and field trips.
We strive for a classroom community with positive relationships, self-regulating, problem-solving, and FUN!
Weekly Go for the Gold Themes
June 1-5 Week 1 | Opening Ceremonies
June 8-12 Week 2 | Baseball
June 15-19 Week 3 | Basketball
June 22-26 Week 4 | Hockey
June 29-July 3 Week 5 | Swimming
July 6-10 Week 6 | Trampoline
July 13-17 Week 7 | Climbing
July 20-24 Week 8 | Gymnastics/Tracks
July 27-31 Week 9 | Football
August 3-7 Week 10 | Volleyball
Go for the Gold Field Trips
All field trips are subject to change and are contingent on the COVID-19 re-opening plans outlined by the State of Illinois.
The Proving Grounds Boulding Gym (thank them for being a sponsor!)