Young Wonders Summer Camp is full of fun and educational activities for your child(ren). The summer is filled with activities that include science, arts and crafts, cooking projects, games and physical activities, weekly field trips, and swimming. We are based in a structured, classroom environment, but enjoy lots of outdoor time too. We will continue our expanded curriculum from last summer that includes karate, music, and gardening. Click here to learn Five Things to Look for in Summer Camp!
Ages: 5-12 (school-age) - 5 year olds must have completed kindergarten.
Locations: YWCA McLean County, 1202 N Hershey Rd., Bloomington and various other locations! (mostly District 87 schools)
Dates: Monday, June 5 - Friday, August 18 (all locations closed on July 4th, start and end date are tentative)
Hours: Hershey Road: 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. and off-site locations: 6:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
A light breakfast, catered lunch and afternoon snack are provided for each child daily.
Cost: Fees subject to change. The registration fee is per child for each program (fee covers the cost of a t-shirt, swimming, and field trip costs).
Download the registration form here, or apply online.
Early Registration (February 13-March 17)
- Nonrefundable registration fee of $25
Regular Registration (March 20-April 28)
- Nonrefundable registration fee of $40
Late Registration (after May 1)
- Nonrefundable registration fee of $50
- Full-time/5 days a week: $170 for the first child; $160 for each additional child
- Part-time/4 days a week: $150 for the first child; $140 for each additional child
- Part-time/3 days a week: $130 for the first child; $120 for each additional child ·
- Subsidy available through the Child Care Resource and Referral Agency. Please contact Frances at (309) 662-7826, ext. 248or email email@example.com for more information or to see if you qualify.
- Hershey Road participants swim at either O'Neil Pool or Holiday Pool
- Westside participants swim at O'Neil Pool
- Participants from other locations swim at Holiday Pool
Weekly Themes: Each week this summer will carry a unique theme the curriculum will be based around. Schedule subject to change.
YWCA offers a 10% discount to the following organizations/groups:
- Any military branch (active duty or retired)
- Moms of Multiples
- State Farm
- OSF Health Care
- Westminster Village
To receive the discount, qualified member must live in the household with the child, identification will be required at registration.
Register online here, download the registration form here, or visit YWCA McLean County, 1201 N. Hershey Road, Bloomington, IL and apply in person.
Please contact YWCA Young Wonders at (309) 662-7826 for more information.
The Child Care Resource and Referral Network administers the Department of Human Services Child Care Assistance Program. The child care assistance program serves all working families with incomes that meet the income guidelines and/or that are in an approved education or training program. Families can get help paying for child care services if a child (children) is under age 13.
Contact Child Care